De principes van Taekondo
- Indomptable Spirit
- I shall observe the tenets of Taekwondo.
- I shall respect my instructors and seniors.
- I shall never misuse taekwondo.
- I shall be champion of freedom and justice.
- I shall build a more peaceful world.
Rules to respect inside the Dojang:
- Always wear a clean Dobok.
- Clean hands and feet, short nails.
- Wear nothing sharp.
- Wear no jewels.
- Be on time.
- Greet each time you enter or exit the dojang.
- Do not talk unless it is necessary.
WHY DO WE GREET?
We salute to show our respect when entering and leaving the dojang and a new training partner. In competition you also greet at first the ring in the beginning or abandoning it in the end.
We never turn back to higher belts on competition, internships, classes, etc. Exception: While we correcting our dobok, we always turn back.
If we give a hand to someone (training, exam, etc.) we put our left under our right (knuckles under elbow) out of respect and to show that our both hands are weapon-free.